Are you obsessed with design? Do you love to write? Are you always looking for a way to update your home?
If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, then we want you to become a guest writer for Modern Day Home. We are always looking for contributors who are passionate and curious about home design and improvement. There is no strict commitment to posting as a guest — you can write one article or one hundred!
What are the Benefits?
- Gain exposure for your work in the creative world of home design.
- Receive a byline/author bio, giving you full credit for your post and a backlink to your own site!
What Kind of Content is Needed on Modern Day Home?
If you feel you have a story to tell based on your home improvement experience, we want you to share it as it might be helpful for others who are reading it!
In addition, we love featuring professionals in the field – from contractors to interior designers – for an expert perspective. Our focus is to provide our audience with top notch information that encourages them to get their hands dirty and put our tips into use – in any place from your attic to your basement.
For your reference, we generally have several types of formats. These are the following:
- Blog posts (informal and more personal recounts)
- Articles (relaying some type of newsworthy subject matter)
- Listicles (numbering a certain amount of tips, images, homes, rooms etc. on a single page)
- and Slideshows (numbering a certain amount of tips, images, homes, rooms etc. in a slideshow format)
Want to write for Modern Day Home?
Writing and Submission Guidelines
When developing your piece, think about what inspires you most about design and interiors. If your subject incites passion in you, chances are it will do the same for readers, and that is our ultimate goal. Most importantly, we want to hear your voice in any writing you contribute. Don’t be bland and be as detailed as possible. Some more guidelines?
- Between 300 and 600 words is great for articles, but feel free to write as extensively as you please.
- For blog posts, there’s really no limit to your creativity, and thus no strict word count. However, consider breaking long stories into several posts to avoid sounding long winded.
- Please PROOFREAD. Minor changes may be made to your piece for quality or clarity purposes. The integrity of your article will remain intact. Changing missed spelling errors or grammar issues is not meant to offend you, but improve the post.
- Attach images you want to include with your post with the appropriate attribution and credits included. People like to SEE the places we’re talking about, so photos are highly encouraged.
- When including quotes, studies, facts, or stats, please include a SOURCE so the reader knows that this is valid information.
- Submit your post in word document format.
As a writer for Modern Day Home you must:
- Share your blog post and website with others through social media, email and word-of-mouth.
- Engage in the comment section of your post and other articles on the site.
- Be a fan of Modern Day Home on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
- Please send over your ideas and a link to your blog or attach samples of your work to get started as a guest writer for the website. You can contact us here to get started.